Monday, June 18, 2007

What day are we on....oh right day 8

Well we've been on outreach now for 8 days and man have we done a good variety of things already. We've been talking to backpackers, working in schools, going to a youth group tonight, been to churches, and having a lot of fun while doing it. It's been an amazing time and hard at moments, but God continually shows himself faithful and good.

I've been going through a bit of stuff myself. Find out that I hold a lot of my identity in the things that I do. I'm a doer kind of person and there is nothing wrong with that, but when it becomes who you are instead of just who you are and who God has created you to be and opperate out of...it tends to get a little messy. So I'm learning to just chill and do as God is asking me at the time. It's interesting and hard to be in leadership, but I know God has gifted me in it, it only needs to be skilled and formed more so that I can continue to be an affective leader.

Our team is getting along really well together and I'm blessed to have a team that love and I mean love to laugh. If we're not eating we're laughing up a storm. It's really a good time and we find that we'll be breaking a lot of mind sets of people who think that Christians aren't out to have a good time. So it's been good and ministry stuff is going good. Alot of the time we find out only minutes before hand what we are going to do, but it really all works out and God moves in awesome ways.

This morning I got to teach an RE class (relegious education) and I was teaching grades 1-3. I sat them down all around me and we read the story of jonah. Then I got them to all draw pictures of the story and they came up with some pretty good stuff! really enjoyed it and made me think even more about becoming a teacher. so it was really good.

i should get going I think we're heading out to see a little bit more of Dalby. But I hope you all enjoy your day and be blessed!

maegan

2 comments:

Stephen and Melissa Thiessen said...

maegan...i miss you so much.

i love reading about your life and wish so much that i could see you doing all of these things. I know you are doing an amazing job, and I'm SOOO proud of you!

i love you!

Melissa

Kristen S said...

I love to hear about all that you're doing. It really sounds great, and God is showing you so much! I'm so happy for you! Hey you mentioned becoming a teacher! If you're seriously thinking about it you need to consider doing TFN!!! Just thought i'd put a little plug in there! Love ya tons! When are you coming back to S'toon?